Who we are
Replicated collects data across a number of channels, including our websites, newsletters, account setup process, and from usage of the Replicated platform itself. Here is what we collect via which channels, and how we use it.
Replicated operates multiple websites, including replicated.com, enterpriseready.io, enterprisegrade.io and fromlatest.io. Data collected on those sites includes:
- Various log data (including browser, location and device information): Any log data we collect is aggregated and used to improve the content of our web pages and the quality of our service.
- IP addresses: IP addresses may be shared anonymously with third parties (e.g., Twitter) for advertising purposes, but are not otherwise used to track visitors.
Newsletters and blog
Replicated operates multiple newsletters and blog sites. Data collected via those services includes:
- Email addresses: Email addresses are used only to communicate with subscribers.
- IP addresses and location data: IP addresses and location data are used to gain visibility into where subscribers reside, for purposes of better understanding our reach.
- Subscriber activity: We collect aggregate data such as newsletter open and click rates, and individual data such as whether subscribers open an email or click on a link.
All data collected via our newsletters and blog are used solely to improve the content of those services, and are not shared or sold for commercial purposes.
Signing up for an account with the Replicated service requires providing several pieces of information, including:
- Company name
- Email address
Account holders that become Replicated customers will also need to provide billing data through a third-party payment processor. Information gathered will include:
- Billing Address
Replicated uses information collected from account holders for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research. Any collection and usage of account data is also governed by a separate Terms of Service agreement.
The Replicated platform
Data collection and privacy related to our product, the Replicated platform, is governed by a separate customer agreement and Data Processing Addendum. These documents lay out our compliance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks, with regard to privacy of personal data collected and processed as part of the customer relationship and platform usage.
We also use Intercom to support current users accessing the Replicated services and those initiating a chat using the Intercom button on our website. This service is only used for logged-in users, or those that have elected to chat. For logged-in users the session information is connected to the email address with which the user accesses the Replicated website. For users that are not logged in the session information is connected to the user's IP address. Intercom gathers data regarding IP addresses and login activity.
When we share your data
Replicated may share or store data collected via our web properties (website, newsletters, blog, account setup) with third parties, for the following purposes:
- Legal requirements: It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- Acquisition: IP addresses and location data are used to gain visibility into where subscribers reside, for purposes of better understanding our reach.
- Advertising: We occasionally (and automatically) send anonymous data about site visitors to third-party platforms for the purposes of targeted advertising. For example, individuals who have visited our site while logged into Twitter might see relevant ads in their timeline, although Replicated does not know who visited the site or who is served such ads.
- Customer research: We use data provided during the account setup process in order to determine who is signing up and to qualify sales leads. In this case, information may be combined with data from other sources in order to verify identity and assess business prospects.
International transfers of information
Replicated may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Replicated primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site. Such notice will be given at least 4 days in advance of the date the new policy will be applied.